8/5/12

REGGIE LOVE


Reggie Love (born April 29, 1982) served as the special assistant and personal aide, commonly referred to as "BODY MAN" for "taking care of the president's needs", to United States President Barack Obama.

Love applied for an internship on Capitol Hill in 2006. He was interviewed by Robert Gibbs, Obama’s communications director, for a position in Obama's Senate office. He was hired with the title "deputy political director". He became Obama's personal assistant in 2007, during the 2008 presidential race.
Love and Obama played basketball every day there was a primary during the 2008 presidential election,
 and they played regularly in the ensuing years, always on the same side.]
 As Obama's aide, his job was to anticipate any and all of Obama's needs. In reference to the myriad support duties Love performs, President Obama has referred to Love as his "iReggie", a play on Apple's iPad 
(“I have an iReggie, who has my books, my newspapers, my music all in one place.”).
Love says he spent so much time by the president's side that he witnessed many personal moments.

"If he had it his way, I think he'd floss in private," he says. "I think the fact that he was comfortable with me is probably a product of, you know, he's beaten down. I've been around for so long."
Love says Obama is "like a big brother" to him, and he sought his advice about the emotional decision to go back to school. ("He was very supportive.") When pressed to describe the president's annoying habits, Love tells ABC that Obama's aversion to air conditioning made some of their long car rides together uncomfortable.

"The thing that used to kill me is that the guy loves to ride around with the AC off in the summertime," Love says. "And I get hot. I start sweating. And I'm like, it's 80 degrees in this car. I'm going to pass out."
Love left this position at the end of 2011, to complete his Master of Business Administration degree at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School.
in other words..... the DL couldn't continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment